Friday, September 08, 2006

THE LEGACY-by Kay Derwydd



Mychael Potter is an angel on a mission... literally. Cast out of Heaven as one of Lucifer's followers, he is on a quest to redeem his soul and regain his standing in Heaven. His task? To play pawn to a prophecy. He is sent to live as a mortal sorcerer in order to prevent the descendant of Cain from becoming a vampire. In order to fulfill this task, he must become a vampire himself. Aided by periodic visits from the Archangel Michael, he waits for the time to come in which he will meet the man he has sworn to protect.

Morgan Adamson lives as a bachelor in London, content to work and hang out with his best friend Alec. Having ended a relationship with a woman two years ago, he's not ready for another one. Then he meets Ashley Porter. When Ashley saves him from a possibly gruesome fate at the hands of a vampire, Morgan realizes there's more to Ashley than meets the eye. Now faced with the news that his life is in danger, Morgan must rely on the roguish sorcerer while coming to terms with the fact that he's falling in love with him.

Author: Kay Derwydd
Editor: Ricki Marking-Camuto
Artist: Djinn
Proofreader: Tami Parrington
Length: Novel (30,000 words and up)
Genre: Fantasy Category: Vampire
Rating: Indian Summer (May contain one or more of the following: explicit sex scenes, multiple partners, strong language, toy play, kink)

GET YOUR COPY TODAY! http://ladyaibell.com/bookstore/product_info.php?products_id=140

*** EXCERPT:

"Dude, you look like hell."

Morgan grumbled and buried himself lower in the recliner's plush cushions. Alec raised an eyebrow at him quizzically.

"You didn't sleep much, did you?" he asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"No."

Alec sighed. "Morgan, what's wrong?"

"If I tell you, you've got to promise me that you won't say a fucking word to my parents." When Alec set his cup down on the coffee table slowly, Morgan knew he had his cousin's attention. "I think I met someone," he said quietly as he stared into his own mug, the black coffee cold and untouched.

"And?" Alec prodded. "Who is she?"

Morgan sighed again. "That's the catch, Alec-it's not 'she.'" Alec's eyes grew wide as saucers and Morgan couldn't help but laugh. "I know, I know. I've sat up all night anticipating some smartass remark from you."

Alec sat in stunned silence.

"No comment?" Morgan asked with a sheepish grin.

"W-well," Alec stammered, "I honestly don't know what to say. How did you meet him?"

Morgan knew he couldn't even begin to explain that one truthfully. "I met him at the new nightclub down the street."

"Does he feel the same?"

"Well," Morgan said, remembering the gaze which had held him so mesmerized the night before, "he doesn't know how I feel. To be honest, Alec, I don't even know how I feel." He looked up and met his cousin's hazel gaze.

"Well, how do you feel when you're around him? Or have you really been near enough to him?"

"Not exactly. I saw him at the club, from the other side of the room," Morgan explained, telling only half the truth. "But he hasn't left my thoughts since. I see his face everywhere. I hear his voice when I'm awake, when I'm asleep. My God, Alec, I'm obsessed with another man and I've never even been with one."

Alec nodded. "I know. Look, Morgan, I honestly don't know what to tell you. Do you know anything about him?" Morgan looked back down into his coffee. "His name is Ashley."

"Do you think you love him?" "How can I love someone without even knowing them?"

Alec grinned. "Love at first sight?"

Morgan groaned and closed his eyes.

"What does he look like?"

Now there was a question he could answer truthfully. Morgan smiled and without opening his eyes, he said, "he's the most beautiful person I've ever seen. He's taller than me and slender. He has white hair down to his waist. He's young, maybe my age or a little younger. But his eyes, Alec; my God, his eyes are mesmerizing. They're the color of the clouds, the palest gray."

"Hm," Alec mused. "Sounds to me like someone has fallen in love." Morgan opened his eyes and narrowed his gaze.

"I don't know what it is," he said, "but it's driving me crazy. I can't get him out of my head and I don't know how to find him."

"What do you want, Morgan? What do you really want?" Morgan looked his cousin in the eye.

"I want Ashley."

(c) Kay Derwydd

2 comments:

Tami P said...

You bet sweetie. It's an awesome book. I needed a cold shower after reading it, but it's an awesome book. LOL

Tami

Anonymous said...

Congrats and happy trails!!!