Sunday, December 17, 2006

Coke Doesn't Do A Body Good

Oh man, I found this yesterday while cruising around. Check out what Coke (and any other soda type product) does to you as it enters your body and sits there. I like pop as much as the next person, but this post gave me serious reason to reconsider my desire to drink it.

I like the one where at 40 minutes your pupils dilate. That wasn't the whole thing for 40 mintues, but just that alone is enough to make you sit back and go 'whoa'. And don't forget to check out 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way. Um... yeah, that was what I was thinking with the dilating pupils thing... sounds like drugs.

Of course, you do know how Coke got its name, right? LOL Way back when it was a youngin' before we all knew what cocaine was for the most part. Coke had small quanitites of cocaine in it.

Now I don't know for sure if that's true, or just an urban myth, but I'd lean toward believeing it.

Part of what happens at 60 mintues post consumption: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. -- Yep, sounds like most drugs to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is true that Coca-cola had cocaine in it: You can read the details at Snopeszzzz.

In addition to the things that article describes happen to your body, do a little Internet research on what the High Fructose Corn Syrup in it is doing to you.

I've quit drinking soda altogether.

Tami P said...

Thanks DG, yeah, it's the high-sugar content and I probably do the same thing to my body with all the coffee I drink. Caffene plus sugar what a deadly combo. I think sodas in general still hold the marketplace on popularity by even a slight margin though. I have to check out that link. I remember once a long time ago I read somewhere that Coke was good for taking the grease off your car engine too... yeah, that's a great thought.