Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I Need To Get Out More

At first I couldn't believe my eyes. I was strolling around the net yesterday and on Yahoo's front page there was a news flash. A record purchased at a garage sale for pennies sold on ebay for over 155 THOUSAND dollars! Every once in a while you hear about things like that, but somehow it all sounds like urban myth. Apparently not however. Why is it when I go to sell on ebay I can't even get a bid on my super-duper antique crap I pull out of my basement? Check out the link here.

Actually when you read the article you might start thinking to yourself, yep, just another urban myth. These guys actually played the record to find out it was a rare recording. I mean after all, who has an actual record player anymore?

2 comments:

me said...

Vinyl rules. I'd love to sell things on ebay but ebay hates me. :-(

Tami P said...

Vinyl rules huh? LOL Man I can't even remember those days anymore. Barely anyway. I do actually remember the great feeling, and the more 'personal' feel of an actual record--everything including the scratches and white noise. While I will probably never miss cassettes with their unraveling tape and just try to find it beginnings and endings of tracks, and love CD's for the improvement--sometimes I miss the days of stacks of big round vinyl discs.

Oh, and ebay hates me too. LOL At least as a seller. Although not with the vengence that it hates you with. Egad. I've had good luck as a buyer with them so far.