Monday, December 11, 2006

The New Blogger

Not having received any responses to my question the other day on the new google blogger version I decided to jump on in and see what happened.

Well, low and behold it does now let you keep you current blogs at their same urls (which was my main concern).

What's more important is what they promise really is true. The templates are MUCH easier to modify in this version than in the old.

Okay, if you need something 'special' like the book ads on the side bar here you still need to use HTML code BUT you no longer have to hunt and peck for the placement of the code in the vast field of code on the template--thereby eliminating the need to pray your site doesn't crash from entering faulty code!

IT WORKS. And very nicely I might add. It's also faster in posting. There's no need to do the 'publish your entire blog' thing after a simple little template change like a new link or what-have-you.

The only thing I haven't figured out -- YET, is how to put up my custom headers. That looks like it's going to be a lot trickier because of the way these templates are laid out.

However, for those that I know of with adamant demands that they have such niceities--you CAN still use your own templates in the new system and deal with all the messy code that goes along with it. So you're not cut out of that option.

Three cheers for Google--yes they are a god, at least as much as any monster corp gobbling up pieces of the ether can be.

2 comments:

Kristina Knight said...

I switched over to the beta version, too - I love it. Very simple.

Tami P said...

It is great isn't it.