Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fish Tank Mania

I told you last week that hubby had promised to bring me his old aquarium from storage up North. I really didn't have high hopes for it to actually hold water after being out of commission for about 30 years. Usually old tanks like that are full of leaks from cracked silicon if their glass is still intact. This one did though. Surprise, surprise. After a few hours filled with water in the bathtub we were suitably convinced that there were no leaks and we set it up on Friday. He had some really great decorations for it too. I didn't have to buy a thing for the tank. In fact I didn't even have to buy fish since my first tank was a bit overstocked I made this my 'cold' water tank for the goldfish and one pleco. Here's a picture. The sharp florescent light in this tank makes it much brighter than my first tank lit only by two regular bulbs in the hood, but surprisingly it is worse for taking pictures so the tank looks much darker than it really is.

I think I"m hooked on fish tanks. I'm going to need a third one soon--did I mention before that my female guppy I bought last week had babies two days after I brought her home?

Yep, I'm a proud guppy mom. I have ten itty bitty swimming fleas (that's what they look like... or like tadpoles) that will soon need a home of their very own. :) More fun.

No comments: