Monday, January 15, 2007

Get Up And Dance---Or at least watch

I really love the 'dance' movies. I own most of them on DVD. Looks like I have a new one to get. I never go go the movies. I dislike the crowds, and the usually dirty conditions, and I'm spoiled rotten by the 'pause' button on my remote control when I have to go to the bathroom, or want to grab a snack. So I wait for DVD. The new movie 'Stomp The Yard' is doing bang up work at the box office though. Shows a couple of things. There are still people that enjoy getting out and going to the movies, and there are still people who enjoy a good 'dance' movie. 'Stomp The Yard' cleared twenty-two million dollars at the box office in it's debut weekend. That's a lot of love for dance in the US.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI FROM PORTUGAL
GREAT BLOG
VISIT ME ON MY BLOG TOO
BEST REGARDS

s.w. vaughn said...

Oh, I want to see this! Did you see Drumline? Great, great flick. Save the Last Dance was awesome, too. And what about 8 Mile? Okay, that wasn't a dance movie, and who would have thought Eminem could act, but he can, and I cried...

I'm totally babbling. Long live dance movies! :-)

Tami P said...

Yeah Sonja I have all of those. 8-mile was one of my daughter's favorites for a long time. In fact I had to re-purchase it because she stole my first copy LOL.

Anonymous said...

I guess Dirty Dancing is a most! How about the Grease franchise, well, don't know if you make a difference between musicals and dance.
My kids, and about all of the teens in my neck of the woods are going heads over "High School Musical!" Santa had to go video-store shopping this year. lol.
Well, get'cha head in the game!