Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Itty Bitty Fishies In An Itty Bitty Pool




Since I posted my thoughts on what you shouldn't do for fish tanks, and I posted on Miss Write what my new aquarium looked like. I thought I'd post a couple of pictures on here of my favorite new fish.

I have two favorites. One is not extremely active, but it sure is a pretty little thing. It's my Rosy Barb--


I have to try to get a more close up picture of her. (Well, I'm not positive it's a her, but I call her a her.) She's really a very vibrant pinkish salmon color with black points.





Then there's my new Zebra Dano--


Doesn't even look like the same fish, does it? It is though. And really it doesn't show the really cool striping on it's sides and fins. Although called a 'Zebra' Dano, it really has more of a leopard spotting with some horizontal striping. What makes him (yeah, I don't know that either really, but he looks like a 'he') so cool isn't really his color. He is such an active little guy. Always on the move, jumping and swiming and having a ball.

My tank is still cycling into proper levels so I'm adding fish carefully and slowly, but I think I want a few more of those two.

3 comments:

EA Monroe said...

Good luck with the new fish tank. We have a tank at work. Sometimes, it becomes overpopulated!

Years ago we had one -- until the cat almost electrocuted himself when he fell in.

Tami P said...

LOL I'm sorry, that absolutely should not be funny, but it is. This is the first time I've had a fish tank AND cats in the house. My cats sit on the coffee table and watch the tank like it was a 'cat tv' especially for them.

music notes said...

The pictures are really nice, maybe one day you can come to Atlanta and to the Georgia Acquarium, you'll totally like it.