Saturday, February 24, 2007

Grandeur and Space...movies to inspire the imaginiation

I watched Jurassic Park III last night when it was on TV. I know it's old, but there's something that draws us to movies like that, and at least for me, it's more than the 'thriller/horror' aspect of the prospect of these people getting eatten by dinos, it's the magnificence, the power, and the abilities of such stupendously large creatures that used to rule the earth long before man. T-Rex has always fascinated me, but I think the herds of Brontosaurus are even more breath-taking. Something so huge, and relatively gentle just brings a lump to my throat. Even though they're long gone, seeing 'them in action' with the use of FX like we now have just sends shivers down my spine. I watched Star Wars this morning, another very oldie, but one of the 'cutting' edge' of its time in FX and it amazes me how we can create such spectacles. Space, as in the Star Wars and Star Trek movies is yet another of the 'wonders' that inspire humans with its vastness and power. Movies like those will never really go out of style.

No comments: