Friday, February 02, 2007

Quick Fish Tip

I feel like this should be a cooking post with a title like that. (Ewwww, although I love fish that way too). I learned a valuable lesson the other day. Yes, I bought another tank. (Don't roll your eyes at me) but it's not set up yet. I brought home the tank, the hood, the heater, and the filter and promptly started setting it up with aged water, and went to start the filter--

Water EVERYHWERE! And I don't mean in the tank. The filter, it turns out, had a small hole in the bottom. A bad molding job in the casing. It was shooting out water alright, but in the wrong place. Always check all new supplies for things like holes over a sink or tub BEFORE you put in on your tank--in your living room--sitting on things that do not like water being sprayed all over them. :)

I'll post a picture of the tank later, when it finally is set up.

No comments: