Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Bound

Wow, what a day. Nothing compared to the northern east coast, but we did get at least 8 inches dropped here today and it's still snowing. That would have been bad enough but 30 to 40 mph winds kept drifting the snow back any place that might have been shoveled. We had to have shoveled the exact same paths today from house to barn to paddocks at least three times just while feeding the horses, and by tomorrow I'm sure it will be right back there again. Some of the drifts were up to my chest, and one in particular out by the barn was nearly over my head. Someone told me today that in a week or so they're saying the temps will be up to around 40 degrees...that sure will be welcome, and I can at least dream that this is the worst old man winter will throw at us for the rest of the winter.

I said I can dream. :)

No comments: