Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Capo's Mistress -- A novel of Organized Crime, and Love

Richard Harris (not the actor) has a wonderful new book about to be released. 'The Capo's Mistress' is a delightful mystery/suspense/romance set in the deserts of the Las Vegas countryside, and the bright lights of the city. Quite a combination for any book, but this one pulls it off. There's a certain machismo in Mr. Harris' viewpoint that is refreshingly enlightening in the world of romance. Check out the excerpt from 'Mike's First Night':

But then she crawled up on top of me looking for more and there was none. I was like a fighter I used to watch at the Olympic in L.A., a young Irish kid who would bless himself when the bell rang for the first round and run from his corner throwing punches from all angles at his opponent. Sometimes he knocked the other kid out but if that didn’t happen there was nothing left for the second round. He had punched himself out. I was in a ten rounder, at least, and I was hanging on for my life. It was humiliating, or at least ironic, that what I had dreamed of all day was on top of me and my poor spent gladiator, moving up and down in sexual frenzy, and I couldn’t do anything about it. She didn’t seem to care, which was a blessing. She would rest awhile, and I would think she was finished, but then she would moan and start up again. I tried to count the number, got up to at least eight, and longed to get back into the game, but my side had retired from the field. I cursed the gladiator under my breath for fleeing the battle, the dirty little coward. She finally seemed to be satisfied but every now and then she would shudder and move up and down briefly on her cowardly opponent, rubbing in the complete and total victory she had achieved over him.

Sometimes her shudders would start her off again and I would increase the count by one, sometimes not. This was her way of cooling down, like walking a thoroughbred racehorse, until she fell asleep, still on top of me.

End of Excerpt.

Better yet, check out the unusual and refreshing style of marketing Mr. Harris employs. Get a free audio download of The Capo's Mistress by Richard Harris on his website before the Amazon.com release on April 27th. Don't miss out on this try before you buy deal. That has to be the epitome of finding new ways to market so you don't get stale. It's interesting though and if enough people start talking up the book before its release, they're apt to cause quite an interest for the product once it hits the store. Good going Rich, that's the way to do it.

Another super idea for getting interest going for the story is the background on the places in the book that Richard has on his blog. Get the feel for Las Vegas and all of the spots highlighted in the book like Yellowstone National Park, and Virginia City, Vermont as well as the various clubs and the strip itself--all of which Mr. Harris visited and investigated while he wrote the book.

Not only is the book a gem, the author's cleaver marketing plans are diamonds as well. Get your audio MP3 copy today and find out for yourself what a delightful story 'The Capo's Mistress' really is.

No comments: