Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bad Business Weather

Wow is it ever going to stop? It feels like we had about 2 weeks of summer and then plunged headlong back into winter again. I know that April is still a tricky month as a rule, but this is rediculous. As many of you know, I have two seperate businesses. One is conducted in the nice warm back bedroom of my house that is now my writing office, but the other is mostly conducted outside. Our farm business can't as a matter of course be worked on in the house. Oh sure the occassional kid comes in when it's born and stays for a week or so, but for the most part, horses, sheep, goats, and the like don't make good house pets. So fifty percent of my day is spent outside. That's the main reason really that I hate winter and snow and all that goes with it. When I was younger and lived in the city I liked winter just fine. Even enjoyed many winter sports. Now winter just means going out and doing the work that needs to be done is going to take longer, and be unpleasant. I sure did enjoy those few weeks of 70 degree weather we had. The bad part of the deep re-freeze is that it really depresses you. Kind of throws you right back into the winter blues right when you were feeling so good about spring... ah well, it can't last forever--can it?

No comments: