Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm The Boss

It's kind of funny how some things in life just seem to pop up in conjunction with each other. Just last night I watched 'The King Of Queens'--no it's not one of my regular shows, I just happened to have the TV on and was too tired to change channels after a long day of fence repair work outside... I could barely manage to lift my arms enough to turn the TV on in the first place. Anyway, in the episode they had the main character going to his high-school reunion where he met an old 'trouble' buddy who was now vice-principle of the very same school. The VP character was played by a guest appearance of Adam Sandler (at that point I was glad I watched, I like Adam Sandler) and he after a bit he happened to grumble about the principle who just got a new car because of a bonus for all the reports he (Adam Sandler) did. I laughed and it crossed my mind that those kinds of things probably do happen. The business world is sharky no matter what business it is and bosses often take credit for the work done by underlings... what drove that point home even better though was just now looking at Yahoo's main page and seeing a leader for an article called 'The Idea Stealing Boss'.

Point taken and driven home--life is not fair, and, I'm glad I work for myself. If the My boss steals an idea--I still get the credit. I'm the boss! LOL

No comments: