Monday, April 09, 2007

A Nice Pursuit

FINALLY got to sit down and watch 'The Pursuit of Happyness' with Will Smith and his adorable son last night. I've had it on my shelf, and 'to watch' list for a couple weeks now, I just haven't had time to really get to it. What a wonderful and inspiring movie! If there ever were an inspiration to 'never give up' this movie is it. The fact that it's based on the real life of Christopher Gardner and that this man really did go through all of what the character in the movie went through to accomplish his goals and pull himself out of some very horrible situations is just amazing. I think we can all say we've had some hard times, maybe even be proud of the fact that we haven't given up in the face of adversity, but I wonder how many of us have gone through THAT kind of adversity? I know a couple times during the movie I was like 'oh I would have just thrown in the towel right there'. Christopher Gardners determination was inspiring, but his love and devotion to his son was more than admirable, it was heart-wrenching. I don't know why reviews were so mixed on this movie really. It was a tear jerker that could provide a well-spring of hope in the most cynical of hearts in my opinion.

Great movie Will, and what a cute and wonderful son too.

No comments: