Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Real 'Good Deal'.

Okay, I'm not going to complain anymore. Here's an article on Yahoo that was really good. I so agree with everything they said, and then some in 'Five Ways You're Wasting Money'.

It always makes me laugh when someone says they saved a penny per gallon on gas, but the station they went to was three miles out of their way. Add the mileage, and their time going out of their way and they're way behind--most of all, in my experience when driving limosines where I had to keep track of my gas and mileage those cheaper stations are no bargain. You actually get less miles per gallon than with the 'brand name' gas stations. It wasn't just me 'thinking' that. I had documented proof of it.

Coupons--great if it is something you would normally buy. But buying something just because it's on sale, or you have a coupon to save ten cents when its something you probably aren't going to use, or like.

There are other things on the list too that I agree with, but those have always been things that have made me laugh. Sometimes we get an idea in our head that something 'sounds good', but really if you think about it, or look really hard at the figures that are facts,-- they're not.

1 comment:

Bernita said...

That sort of thing always amuses me.
It's the "idea" they love, not the reality.