Sunday, April 01, 2007

Take Me Back

Have you ever found that a sound, or smell can take you back to a particular time in your life? Whenever I hear the chimes of grandfather clocks it takes me back to when I was very young. My grandparents had a beautiful, big old grandfather clock in the living room and when it would chime it would send its deep, rich peels through the whole house, but when I hear them now it takes me back to when I'd lie in bed at their house and in the middle of the night the clock would chime--it was a comforting sound. The chime of a grandfather clock now brings back that warm, cozy, snuggled in bed feeling that I'd get when sleeping at grandma and grandpa's house on a warm summer night. There'd be a light breeze coming in from the window and all was well with the world.

No comments: