Monday, April 09, 2007

You'll Never Believe This

I think I can now safely say that I can beat anyone in the 'you'll never believe this' catagory. I was down for the count for a couple days because I sprained my ankle. Big deal right? Lots of people sprain their ankles it's not that big of a deal... but ask me how I sprained it? That's when I say: You'll never believe this.

I sprained my ankle IN BED.

Now don't get all kinky, it wasn't anything like that. In fact, I kind of wish it was because then it would have at least been fun, or even interesting.

No, I was simply laying in bed and the covers were wrapped around my foot and I don't like covers on my feet. I HAVE to have covers on, even in the warmest of weather, but not on my feet even if it's 20 below. So I twisted my foot to get it out from the covers and POP.

I felt the muscle, or tendon, or whatever it was pop over the bone, and it hurt like heck, but I figured it was just a temporary thing... not so. The next morning I could barely walk. I hobbled the whole day while doing chores, cursing and screaming at the pain. The next day it was better but still really sore. Today it's just a minor aggravation, but jeesh. IN BED. I still can't get over that. I've sprained ankles, and done all sorts of painful stuff to myself, but not usually as I'm drifting off to sleep.

No comments: