Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Crazy Kind of Day

I must be crazy--really. I just set up an appointment for a job interview on the 10th of May for a 7am - 3pm job at a local factory. Now this particular factory is a great place to be. It's air conditioned, and they assemble small parts for things like chainsaws, and such so it's not heavy, or hard work. It's a light, clean building and pays well for this area. It's a place I wanted to work at in the past. Last spring I filled out an application for their but it took them three weeks to call me back and offer me the job and in the meantime I'd taken a job as a cashier and felt bad about just saying 'sorry got a different job' to that place (hindsight 20/20--I should have, lol) but suffice it to say I just didn't take the desired job. Now I have the opprotunity again, and we do need the money. Hubby's job took a kind of dump. The company he works for close 2 stations and cut hours in all the others. He's lucky he wasn't working at one of the closed places. It means an almost 50% pay cut though since they cut hours way back and did away with overtime. Lest I sound pathetic or like I'm looking for sympathy, lol, I'm not, even without closing stations his company does something like this every spring. After over 20 years of it we should both be used to it, but it comes as a blow every year.

I just don't exactly know how I'm going to manage milking the goats, feeding the kids (goat kids), feeding the horses and all the rest of the goats, turning everybody out, etc... and working 8 hours a day. I've done it in the past, but I was much younger then. There's got to be a point in time when you just say, "I'm too danged old for this"--there really should be a point in time when you don't have to worry about money anymore too... guess that's REALLY crazy though.

No comments: