Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dell Comes To Walmart

Hey I just found out that Dell computers are now going to be available at WalMart. Before this Dell's were only available from Dell itself. They shunned mass market type stores. Apparently they're changing their views. I'm very happy about that. In days gone by Gateway was my computer brand of choice, but, well, they're expensive. What sold me on them before, however, was the extreme durability of the product AND they're fantastic customer service. That kind of slid downhill toward the end of my relationship with them. When I bought a new computer I bought a Dell. Much more affordable, and according to their commercials, great customer service. Perhaps because I'm more proficient myself, or maybe just because I'm lucky, I haven't needed to contact Dell's tech support. I may have just jinxed myself. Even if they're not as good as Gateway used to be, the computers are so much cheaper that it's still a better deal. Hopefully they'll continue to offer great deals even through the stores. It will make them easier to access.

No comments: