Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm From The Country

... and I like it that way.

Just quoting one of my favorite songs. I love country music but I missed the CMA's last night. Well... more appropriately, I skipped them. While I love country music I really dislike award shows. They're boring no matter how hard they try to make them exciting for at home viewers. Even if they have ten acts--at about 3 minutes a piece that makes 30 minutes of a show that lasts 3 hours. The rest is thank you, I love you, yadda, yadda, yadda. No thanks.

I suppose if you're a groupie type who loves a particular performer and know they're going to get an award it's fun to watch, but otherwise... who cares? Well the stars themselves and their families, of course. The producers and companies... sure. But why subject the public and pre-empt shows just for that? Have your ceremonies and leave us out of it.

No comments: