Friday, May 25, 2007

The Pirates Are Coming

Johnny's back! The new Pirates of the Caribbean is about to hit the theaters. I can't wait! I love Johnny Depp. I've enjoyed most of his movies. One of my favorites was Edward Scissorhands. He gives his characters a depth, while infusing them with emotion and depth that makes you feel for them... no less his character of 'Captain Jack Sparrow'. What could be loveable about a pirate? When it's Captain Jack, a man bound by honor and code in spite of being a theif and self-proclaimed scallywag you can't help but understand and adore him. Then there's his slightly off kilter demeanor kicked off by a swagger that borders on constant drunk even when he hasn't touched a drop. I loved how he came up with the attitude and physical motions of his character too using his much-admired Rolling Stones guitarist Keith as a model--you can see it in every expression and movement. It shows how much he puts into his part as well. This final episode should prove to be as entertaining as the two before it and I'm so excited to get to sail the seas once again in search of that elusive treasure.

No comments: