Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Brown Thumb

I love plants indoors and out, but I have serious issues with live plants. I can off and on make a vegetable garden grow, but even then, usually only the hardiest of vegies that just about anyone could grow. Tomatoes, zuchinni--who can't grow those? They're pretty hardy and hard to kill. Even some of the less easy types of vegies I can sometimes make happen. Maybe it's because the time space for doing it is so short. Maybe because mother nature is helping outside. I have horrible luck with ornamental plants though. I even had some rose of sharron that my mother-in-law gave me that I did have growing really nice for a few years. They turned into to huge flowering bushes. Again though--hard to kill... however, eventually my brown thumb took over and they died. This year they're nothing but a bunch of sticks. Inside the house--forget it. I can't grow any live plant. A house just isn't a home without some green in it though. Plants make a room look alive. For me, the only way to go is silk--silk trees and flowers make beautiful decoration that I can't kill. I just have to remember to dust them every now and then. Perfect.

No comments: