Saturday, June 16, 2007

Me, A Goddess? Why not?

I suppose there's a little Goddess in all of us, but it kind of amazes me that there are still people even in third world countries that deify a human being, for any reason. In this case a 10 year old girl. I can't watch the video. For some reason Yahoo videos don't work well for me. Probably because of my crappy dial-up. I googled the girl's name--Sajani Shakya and couldn't find anything else about her. At least not in English. Supposedly she's in the US now for a visit and drawing great crowds. I guess it's not just third world countries that are succeptible to believing in Gods and Goddesses in human form, or maybe it's just curiosity that form the crowds around a 10 year old child said to possess 32 of what they call 'perfections'. I really wanted to read about what those perfections were. I'd kind of like to know if I possess any at all. LOL Or anyone I know. I mean if a child from Nepal can, why not me?

Edit:

Wait, news flash. I found some articles on her. I think I misspelled her name the first search time. Here are just a couple of the 'perfections'.

the 32 perfections which include the gait of a swan, a body like a banyan tree, even teeth and golden tender skin that has never been scratched


Okay, I fail in the teeth section, but some have said I have a rather graceful walk. What exactly does the 'gait of a swan' look like? If it's anything like the geese I have in my yard--she walks awfully funny for a goddess.

For a little more reading on the subject, try: Shadmia's World

Oh, by the way... this SUCKS: Devotees believe that the goddess Kali inhabits the girls, though they do not exhibit unusual behavior, and then the goddess leaves them when they reach puberty.

Apparently divine virginity and menstration don't mix.

Sajani is a very pretty girl though. The pictures on Shadmia's site are quite lovely. Yahoo's picture didn't do her justice at all.

No comments: