Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Queen

I forgot to give my review of the movie 'The Queen'. A little while back I said that Bob brought it home to watch. I had been anxious to see it since I first saw the previews. From the previews I'd really thought it was about the relationships of the royal family while Princess Diana was with them, but the movie started out right at the time of the election of the new Prime Minister Tony Blair, and the subsequent death of Lady Di. While the movie may have been a bit slanted in it's favor of the Queen and the royal family, and all the termoil Diana caused within the family, and how difficult she was to deal with and how the public didn't know it, overall it was a fantastic movie. Anyone who loved watching the real life 'story' play out will enjoy the movie very much for it's insight into how the workings and dealings of the British government are carried out, as well as a reminder that they maybe like the 'crazy relatives' you don't talk about, but the members of the royal family are still simply people.

No comments: