Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rugged, Durable, and Classy

I spend most of my days wearing either sweatpants or shorts. The only other article of clothing that comes in really handy are jeans. There's something about the tough rugged durability of denim that makes them the ideal work pants around a farm. They're sexy too. I don't even know just why, but they are. The styles now help alot. Brands like true religion jeans give the old 'cowboy' standby an urban twist and appeal. These types of dressy jeans are a national uniform. Perhaps it's original attraction was it's direct association with the romantic 'cowboy' lifestlye, but most people don't even think that anymore when they think of jeans. They're just a normal part of everyone's wardrobe. To me, they still symbolize a rugged, rural lifestyle, but perhaps that's because that's what I live.

No comments: