Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sad Office Facts

Wow I was just reading an article on workplace myths and it sure did open my eyes a bit. It also makes me very happy to be working at home now instead of haggling with office politics. I may not always love my job. I usually do, mind you, but there are times... then again, that's why it's a job, and not a vacation. At least I don't have to worry about the pettiness that goes on in an office. One of the things in the article that really did surprise me was the idea that reporting sexual harrasement is a bad thing for your career. You really don't think about it that way when you're the victim, but if you read the reasons why in the article you have to admit it's true. Sadly. The second most surprising thing is the statement that doing a good job doesn't necessarily mean you'll be rewarded. I think most of us grew up thinking that if we did the best job we could we would be rewarded for it. Most offices are cults of personality, however. The person rewarded is the person most liked. Not fair... but sadly true.

No comments: