Friday, June 15, 2007

Techno dependant

Apparently Blogger had a little hiccup last night. It just had to be when I was trying to post the couple of entries below. I have to tell you it was a little scary. The posts were showing up in my 'edit posts' file as being there, but I couldn't get them to show up on my screen on the actual blog for anything. I was wondering if I was in my own version of the 'Twilight Zone'. I half expected Rod Sterling's voice to come on in my head telling me I'd entered another dimension of the 'bloggerzone'. The posts finally did show up. Whew. Relief. I'd re-entered the land of the living. It kind of goes to show how dependant we are on technology though. Most of us are used to things showing up, being there at the click of a mouse button, and when they don't we get crazy, and frantic. It's SUPPOSED to happen. Why isn't it. Do we take the Internet and all of the amazing technology that surrounds it for granted? I think so. Very few of us are geeky enough to understand exactly how it all works, we just know it does. Sort of like when we drive a car. Unless we're mechanics we probably don't completely understand the science that allows the car to run... oh the basics sure, but not the real dynamics. We put the key in, turn it, put our foot on the gas and expect that it will roar to life. What a wonderful world that those things do happen. I wonder if we could go back... a simpler less complicated life for sure, but without all the convieniences of the marvels of technology? I'm not sure we could anymore. If everything, cars, Internet, just everything stopped working, even for a minute, I think we'd collectively be sitting here saying 'what happened?' And none too happy either.

No comments: