Monday, July 09, 2007

I don't watch much television. I do watch a lot of movies. I prefer them to most television shows anymore, although I do like my 'oldies'. What I do try to do each season is pick a couple of series that I think I'll be really interested in and follow them. This year there are four, which is high for me. One is a second season, that's 'Big Love' on HBO. I really like that show. Not that I'd ever be interested in that lifestyle it's just fun to see what it's like, and how they handle problems that are pretty much, with some exceptions a lot like the problems we all have, except magnified by larger families. Another is a first year HBO series called 'John From Cincinati'. That one started out really weird, but really interesting, but after last night's installment I'd have to say it has sunk way down on my list of favorites and if it doesn't pull back up in the next episode it will probably get booted off the watch list altogether. The other two are on different channels. Both of them are first season runs. The first, USA network's 'Burn Unit' is fantastic. It has yet to fail in it's delivery and I love it. It's probably my all time favorite of the year so far, with 'Big Love' a close second. The last series is Sci-Fi channel's 'Painkiller Jane'. It's actually really pretty good. It did have an episode last week that almost lost me in its gimmicky, bad effects at the start but rallied to be decent enough not to get turned off. This week's was really good so it's still in the running.

All in all, it's harder and harder to find good series on tv these days. Once in awhile you find a real gem though, and I'd have to say at the moment for this year it's USA network's Burn Unit for me.

No comments: