Tuesday, July 24, 2007

MTV's Parental Control

I just finished taking a break for lunch and while I was eating I watched a little tv to unwind. I picked a new show I'd never seen before and I couldn't even wait to get back here and tell you--I would NEVER watch this show again. No way, no how.

On my one hour break I actually watched two of the shows back to back. If it was so aweful why did I subject myself to a second viewing? Well, honestly because I was praying it couldn't be as bad a second time.

Here's the deal: On MTV's Parental Control there is a mother and father who have a beautiful daughter, that last part seems to be an absolute prerequisite. In each 1/2 hour situation the parents completely abhor the guy their daughter is dating--for really good reasons each time. So they set out to choose from a number of available suitors two potentially better boyfriends for their daughter to date once and choose between them and the original boyfriend.

Of course, you have to know you're only seeing a part of what these people are really like. For the orininal guys it has to be said that they probably have SOMETHING going for them that isn't shown on the show. The show highlights their worst attributes. For the new guys they probably only show the best sides of them... still.

In the first show the guy the daughter was dating was a complete jerk. Rude, obnoxious, lazy, nothing going for him at all but sleeping all day. If there were any good points to this total looser it was imposible to see. Both of the parent picked dates were far better looking, and had more personality, and better vocabularies for sure. The dates looked like fun. I really thought this girl would wake up and say bye-bye to the looser boyfriend... but no. She chose the jerk!

The second one as well. This current boyfriend was a totally delusional nut job who seemed to truly believe he was a night. He walked around wearing a plastic viking helmet with horns and carrying a plastic sword and saying things like he rode on dragon's backs through the clouds and had healing capabilities with his hands. He also looked like a total spaz doing what he thought were martial arts moves, and was completely out of shape for a mideval knight.

The two guys the parents chose were considerably better looking, had brighter personalities, and the first one had a great date. The second one's dating senario choice could have been a little better, but it was at least creative. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure the daughter would dump the idiot and pick one of the guys who had his head in the current century... but of course not.

No way on earth I will ever click on that show again. Wow, what a bunch of nuts.

No comments: