Sunday, July 01, 2007

Treasured Pets

I get such a kick out of how we pamper our pets in this society. I laugh about it but I do it too. My dogs, cats, and even livestock often eat better than I do. I buy Premium dog food, and top of the line cat food. They get all sorts of treats and of course toys to play with. Even the horses have balls in their pastures to play with. Thankfully the goats make playtoys out of anything they can jump on from fallen trees to the picnic table so I don't really have to get stuff for them to play with, but I have enough cat toys laying around my house, hidden under carpets and in corners, and even under the bedspread where I'm sure to find them when I crawl into bed at night and scream thinking I just layed on a rat or something equally icky. I don't know what I'd do without my cats, or my dog though. They are treasured companions. They listen with soulfull understanding as I tell my troubles to them, and play with me when I'm happy. They give me such great joy I can't imagine not giving them everything I can. I'm pretty sure that's why we spend so much money on our pets. They give us what money can't buy.

No comments: