Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Busy Blog

Sometimes when I look at my blogs here I think wow, they're really busy. I don't mean busy as in so many people stopping by, I mean busy as in double sidebars, lots of stuff on the bars. I wonder sometimes if that's not a turn off, and yet, I'm not sure exactly what I'd remove from them if I were to 'redecorate' in here. There is so much information that while not really necessary for me, or someone who cruises through here often, would be what I'd want someone new to know about. Do you think a 'busy' blog is a distraction? Do you think more people would want a less cluttered sidebar? Do you even pay attention to that stuff when you go to a blog?

I'd like to know what you all think. I actually think there has to be a middle ground. I've been to blogs that had virtually nothing in the side bars and the blogs looked fairly bland and uninteresting. Some went to the extreme and didn't even have a personal information area. I like to know a little something about the person who is writing the blog. I definately prefer to be able to find out a first name. If secrecy is such a must, I can live without knowing a last name, or even a location, although where they are can be very relevant in regards to the information in their blogs, but a first name is a good thing. I'd love to know a teeny bit about what that person is about, or what they do. That makes the whole 'blog experience' more relevant.

Anyway, any ideas on what you like in a blog? Let me know.

No comments: