Sunday, August 26, 2007

Getting Old...er

I must be getting old. Yesterday a friend of mine who was trying Associated Content for the first time asked me for advice on how to submit her story. She is rather new to computers, in fact, the one she has is the one I traded her for a goat just this spring and it's the first one she's ever had. So she is very unsure about how to do a lot of things. She keeps on appologizing for asking question. I keep telling her I don't mind at all. I don't. But it's kind of annoying when something like yesterday happens--on MY part. When I was younger, and not much younger at that, I could talk someone through anything. It used to amaze new people where I worked (and my bosses too) how when they got in a jam they could call me at home and I could tell them exactly step-by-step how to do very complex things to fix their problems on the computers at work... yesterday I found myself floundering around trying to think about what steps to take to tell my friend long distance, how to do something as simple as post a story at AC. I don't mean the simple cut and paste things, but what are the abstract was entered in, how to use the editor. I had to open the program my self and look at it in order to be able to visualize what had to be done... I used to be able to do that from memory on much, MUCH more complicated systems, and programs than AC's submission forms. Agh, it's heck getting old.

No comments: