Friday, August 24, 2007

I Fell For It

When I fall for something stupid, I do it big. I've said time and time again that there are legitimate ways to make money on the Internet, and that even though there are you may have to sludge through a lot of Bull---- to find it. One rule I have always lived by is NEVER pay anyone to find out what they have to offer. If you have to pay for something to find out how it works or what its about, it's pretty likely that THAT is how they have made their money.

Well, I broke my rule.

Now-I'll tell you that within that rule I don't include paying for reasonable postage on things like CD's, or DVD's etc...

That's what this sounded like, so I'm only 'partially' a fool. Still, even a partial fool is still a fool.

The ad said 'Make Money With Google'.

Sounds good so far. Google is a name I would trust--right? Wrong.

The next thing it said is pay just $1.95 for shipping. That is fair--right? Wrong.

Well anyway it is fair but only IF that's the truth. What it is really is pay $1.95 for shipping and then we'll charge you 19.95 when you get the CD (which I didn't I had to call and tell them I never got the stupid thing to even see if I liked it first when the charge came in), they sent me a download of the CD by email, then if you like it they'll graciously charge you 29.95 a month after that if you keep it....

Now, I'll go back a little bit and clarify, when I first signed up they sent me to a website for adsense. I CALLED immediately I don't want that. I know what that is, it's not what is promised in the ad. No, no, they assured, there's more on the CD... okay, so I waited.

Finally with the download there was Adwords included too... yippee... I just found out what ANYONE can find out online to begin with before they pay a cent to 'try' it.

In their email ad, and online ad they don't say ANYTHING about what their easy to make money online program is. There is no mention whatsoever of it been adsense, and adwords. You have to pay to find out it's a CD all about the same freaking things you can find out all about without the CD.

Google made out like a bandit, they got my 1.95, AND 19.95... they won't get a penny more ever again, and I'll be damned if I just up and trust the name Google again.

Now it's okay if you say-well you got what you deserved, you broke your rule... you'd be right. I fell for it.

No comments: