Sunday, August 12, 2007

Keeping A Budget

For all the work I've been doing I find myself having an uncommon problem. I'm having trouble budgeting my money. I have income from several different sources now and keeping track of it is a real chore, but I've kind of got a handle on that, but now it seems like with so much income, I'm having more trouble setting up a proper budget and sticking to it. In some ways it was easier when I had no money, lol. I need a good budgeting software. Beyond just my personal budget I need to keep better track of what's coming in, and what's going out. What it costs to make the money I make is important because it effects the bottom line, and my true profit. Luckily I don't have many expenses with my work anymore thanks to the Internet. Boy writing itself used to be a much more costly business. Reams of paper, pens, ink, typewriter ribbon, reams of paper, stamps, envelopes, reams of paper... yeah, I think paper was the biggest expense by far, although stamps came close to second. With a good software program you can do it all. It might be about time for me to think about having one program that can keep track of all my different businesses and my personal budget too.

No comments: