Saturday, August 04, 2007

Time For Myself

All last week I spent hours and hours every day getting some of my horses ready to show this weekend. I spent so much time on their hair and coat that I kind of neglected my own hair and skin. I use a lot more skin care products than I ever used to. It seemed like once I passed 40 that everything changed including the makeup of my skin. Being out in the hot sun and with all the humidity of the past week even made it worse. By last night my lips were so chapped they were actually sore, and my face was extremely dry. The couple of horses that were showing this weekend went to the shows with a trainer which makes it easy for me to sit at the show and have fun, and come home early. This weekend is going to be MY time to rejuvinate neglected skin, and have some 'my' time. It's easy to forget to take time for yourself when you're running around and busy. The time flies by before you know it and the day is over. I learned a good lesson this week though. It's important to stop once in a while and pay attention to your own health.

No comments: