Friday, August 24, 2007

What's In Your House?

When I go to someone's home for the first time I like seeing what they have as it compares to what I do. Not in a snobby sort of way, but actually more in a 'camaraderie' sort of way. For instance many of my friends have poker tables in their basements, dens, or family rooms, I have one in my basement now, it used to be in my family room but that got taken over by weight equipment just recently. Still, we have a finished basement that we use as a den and the table fits in nicely and makes for a more secluded spot to have friendly games of cards. I now have a 'weight room' in my home in what used to be the family room. How many people have a fireplace in their weight rooms? Pretty cool huh? LOL It works for me. So it's cool to see what other people have in their houses for exercise. My best friend has a stationary bike in her bedroom, and my uncle has had a rowing machine that he shoves under his bed for as long as I can remember (for as long as I can remember he never really used it either). My new equipment 'can' be folded and put under a bed, but I know that if I do that it will never get used. It has to be clearly visible and in my mind at all times... so the family room it is.

3 comments:

Bernita said...

My house?
Dog hair and books...

Tami P said...

LOL well we have lots in common there too. Dog hair, cat hair, books, and more dog hair.

Anonymous said...

Poker Tables at your house?