Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Good Earth

I have always had an intense interest in Earth science. It was my absolute favorite course in high school, although I loved most of the science courses. One of my Earth Science teachers was a serious 'spelunker' and had a rock obsession. He had all the tools too! It was amazing what he would find just locally not to mention the things he would bring back from expiditions. The things he did with those bare rocks with the rock tumblers
and polishers he had was nothing short of miraculous either. I always wondered where he got the equipment he had and I just found a great source today! I think I'm feeling a re-kindling of my love for rocks building up inside. I know I've found some really interesting pieces just on my own property--now I'm beginning to wonder what they'd look like if they were properly prepared.

No comments: