Sunday, September 09, 2007

My New Blinds

I am so excited! I got my Blinds from Blinds Chalet (http://www.blindschalet.com) on Thursday and my son came over yesterday to help my husband install them. They were SO easy to install. They didn't come with any directions, although there are complete instructions online on the Blinds Chalet site, however I didn't have access to my computer yesterday, (server down--figures huh?) so I couldn't get online to see them, but even without instructions they were a breeze to install. For mine it did take two people only because they were quite large. I ordered them to fit my main window in the living room where I've always wanted a pair of blinds but could never find the style that really pleased me for such a focal point window. Well, I found them. I am SO very pleased with the way these blinds look. Not only that but the Blinds Chalet blinds come with a molding that covers the top 'mechanism' hanger that you normally always see on mounted blinds. It adds such an elegant, and beautiful finishing touch to the blinds.

Here's a picture of the blinds open, it was kind of difficult in the lighting with the sun coming in.

And then here's a picture of them closed:

Here's a close-up of the molding:

And the pictures really don't do them justice at all. I couldn't take my eyes off of them all day yesterday! They add such a pleasant touch. Ordering the blinds was quick and easy with the detailed online order form at Blinds Chalet. They had so many styles to choose from that I had difficulty at first deciding, but went with the faux wood style. My picture window is so large (72") that I felt the small slats on standard aluminum or pvc type blinds would look out of place. The faux wood blinds have a thicker slat that has a lot of substance, and that is 2" wide.

I already have blinds in all of my other windows, but they are just the standard aluminum and I am so hooked on the molding aspect of these blinds that I'm planning on replacing many of the existing blinds in other rooms, especially the family room, and kitchen.

I was worried about the living room blinds but I couldn't be more pleased if I were twins. They are fantastic, and the Blinds Chalet folks were fabulous to work with. Check them out if you are considering blinds of any style for your home. You'll be amazed at the many varieties of blinds and window coverings available.

No comments: