Thursday, December 06, 2007

Full Circle Fashion

I don't wear too much in the way of jewelry although I love it. I think jewelry adds an elegant touch and it makes me feel good when I wear it. However working around animals all day I just don't tend to wear it often. About the only time I do get all fancied up and put on my best Lange Sohne watch and long pretty earings, and dangling necklaces is on the rare occassions we go out somewhere really special to eat, or for entertainment. Since that only happens occassionally throughout the year my jewelry tends to last a very long time. My biggest concern isn't breakage, or wearing out, it's keeping my jewelry from being out-dated. Since I'm not out and about all that often I wonder a lot if even I know what is out-dated or not. Sometimes I wonder if people look at me the way I always imagined they did at my grandmother and other older folks like her thinking how cute it was that the 'little old lady' and her broaches and clip on earings (in the time of piercings and bling). Maybe I'm that 'little old lady' now, although I don't stoop to clip ons. Perhaps fashion does come full circle and you become your grandmother before you can blink an eye... but hey, at least I have my own 'old lady' style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so know what you mean, I often wonder the same, haha.

I will link to your blog. A link back is highly appreciated. Thanks.

God's Grace.

All Over The Map