Saturday, December 15, 2007

Nothing Compares to a Diamond.

When I was younger I really loved rocks. I mean the whole nine yards. A science teacher in my earth science class got me into spelunking (caving and the search for -- yes, you guessed it, rocks). I loved the different types of rocks and stones and how they looked in their raw form as well as in their cut and polished form. I thought it was amazing the differences between raw and polished too. I had even acquired some of the costly tools to do my own polishing.

While I've kind of outgrown the love of 'spelunking', or the desire to find raw gems and other rocks and polish them to perfection, I still love and own many examples of such things like amethyst, and opal. For jewlery though, the only real rock I like is diamond. Especially diamond rings. Everything else kind of looks fake no matter how real it is. Nothing compares to a diamond.

No comments: