Friday, December 14, 2007

A Writer's Wild Ride

Being a writer can make you crazy. I've been doing this seriously as a means of living for nearly ten years now and I'm not kidding this past year with its ups and downs is enough to drive anyone to drink.

One month I'm flying high and making money and feeling like it's never gonna end. The next I'm scrounging around the sofa cushions for spare change. Now it's always been like that but this year it seems the variances have been more extreme than ever before.

With the end of the year coming up fast--can you believe it? It feels like just yesterday I was toasting the new year on the couch with hubby, and now it's gaining ground to Christmas. Whew. Well the wild ride is coming to an end for this year and I find myself praying that next year will smooth out just a little.

If it keeps doing the wild thing I may need drug rehab by this time next year. A gal can only take so many head spinning dips and breath-taking lifts. After awhile it all turns into a tylenol moment, and you want to reach for a Bacardi.

No comments: