Saturday, May 31, 2008

MORE SPEED

What do writer's need most of all when it comes to computers? Okay besides a high-speed internet connection. POWER. I don't know about you but I open so many programs and pages every day that it can be difficult for a computer to keep up. I just got a new computer so it might be a while before I max out the RAM on this baby, but I have always felt like that with each new computer, and where it did take awhile, it did happen eventually. What I found out on my Dell from last time is that adding RAM isn't as scary as it seems. Actually it's quite easy. You can buy a dell memory card and slide it into a slot in your computer in about 30 minutes and that includes all the disconnecting and reconnecting of wires and such. So see it really is easy. I think anyone who isn't a computer 'geek' for a living is a little scared of the inside of a computer. It seems, and is such a powerful thing, so complicated, so misunderstood, but really, they have made things like adding video cards, memory cards, and the rest so push-button easy you just snap it into place and GO. Take a minute to find out how easy it is and ramp up your power. You'll be really happy at how much better and faster your computer works.

No comments: