Thursday, October 13, 2011

What's a Vacation?

A friend of mine, who actually gets to take vacations (okay, I do too, but sometimes it seems like these 7 day work weeks go on forever) had a great time boating with his family and some friends. On the way to the lake, however he ran in to some serious problems when his boat trailer blew a tire. That had to be scary. Waiting on the side of the road for roadside assistance made it a little less scary than trying to wrangle the tire change by himself with traffic whizzing by. It all turned out great, and they eventually made it to the lake. The pictures made my mouth water. I didn't get out on the boat at all this summer. It wasn't due to work. I can work anywhere (which does make it nice, and lets me get away when needed), but this year with my husband's illness, we just couldn't do it. I sure hope we can get back on the water next summer. I miss it, and it makes the 7 day work weeks much more enjoyable.