Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mega Millions

The three producers of 'Babel' and 'Children of Men' (really cool movie, I liked that one a lot) have just signed a deal with Universal studios for a cool one hundred million dollars for the global distribution rights of those two, and 'Pan's Labyrinth'. Not bad at all I'd say. Their work is already done and they get even more money just to let someone else sell it again and reach a wider audience. Although their audience wasn't too bad here in the states. Maybe now they'll get some major studio backing to make future movies. I thought 'Children of Men' was a great concept and fairly well done but you could tell it wasn't a big dollar flick. I'm not knocking it in anyway. Bravo to getting such a creative movie done on a limited budget, but I'd like to see what these three guys could do with big money behind them.

No comments: