Sunday, December 10, 2006

What's Kinky?

This may seem like a strange question, and I'm not even asking from the erotica standpoint. I think we've all seen examples of how mainstream fiction is... oh say, widening its scope in regards to bedroom activity. The only real difference anymore between erotica, and regular mainstream romance, or any other genre is the actual words used to describe the 'pieces'. lol

So, borrowing a thread of conversation from a writer's board -- just not the specific question because it was worded in a rather 'x' rated fashion. What do you as a reader, and/or as a writer consider to be 'kinky'? Is your definition of kinky anything out of the normal ordinary positions or places for traditional sexual activity? Or do you figure if you've heard of it and know it is done, even if you or no one you know would do it, it's pretty much normal (and I'm using that term for definition, not as a reference to good or bad). Or is kinky to you something so outside the 'average' realm that you'd have to look up the definition of an act to know what it actually entails?

Do you consider sexual contact outside the bedroom anywhere to be kinky? Or is it generally normal as long as it's not being conducted in a crowded restaurant?

What say you... is there a kink in your programing?

4 comments:

Bernita said...

Donno.
Think the anal sex business is kinky.

Tami P said...

Now that's funny Bernita. You picked the EXACT topic of the post I was refering to. While I would tend to agree with you, at the same time anal is pretty well-known, and in ooooh lets say certain circles (not even touching on m/m here because that's obvious, but still in the m/f realm) it's fairly common. That's why the question. I was curious as to the more-or-less common concensus on how far from the standard you have to stray before your in the kink zone.

I have a website tagged that would blow your mind (I know it blew mine right out of the water) that has 'cutsy' names for some wildly depraved sex acts. It's like an erotica writer's dictionary. Someone in a chat gave us the link... wooowwwwzers. Now THAT'S kinky.

Bernita said...

My mind just can't compute it as sexy.

Tami P said...

I understand, really I do. That's what I wanted to know too. My original repsonse on the forum in question was that 'yes it is kinky' in my opinion. I just wasn't sure what the general concensus would be on that.