Thursday, January 28, 2010

Form Follows Function

As a freelance writer I've noticed that the later months and the first few months of each year tend to be dry times. That can make for a very long dry spell from somewhere around Thanksgiving at the end of November to after Valentine's day in February.

This year, however, I haven't noticed that happening at all--a good thing. However, I personally have had no ambition what-so-ever--a bad thing. I guess there is just no way to win over having some bad months each year. I know that my ability to concentrate, and my desire to produce took several big hits last year around late June. A beloved person passed away, I quit smoking (huge hit), just a few months later another person in the family passed away, and it took many months to recover from those hard blows in rapid succession. Still, around late December I thought I had it licked, but I find that I still have ups and downs. The up times are lasting a little longer now, but I still can't control the occasional depressions, or lack of desire.

I really hope that some year I can have it all come together where I am in top form, and the business is as well, preferably both at the same time.

No comments: