Tuesday, May 21, 2013

12 Year Old Rocker

Alexis, my granddaughter is a budding rocker. I've posted before about how proud I was when she asked for a guitar for her birthday and how happy it made me to see her picking it up well and taking lessons. It is thrilling. She is now fully committed. Well, as fully committed as a 12-year-old can be about being a future rocker. She aspires to be like Jennifer Batten or Sheryl Crowe. That would be great, but I just think it's wonderful to see her plucking out soulful rhthyms or heart-pumping melodies the high-powered energy of a 12-year-old with a tech 21 power engine by her side. Someday she will be up on a huge stage in front of a packed stadium, but even if that never happens, music will always have a special place in her heart, and create fantastic memories that will be with her all through life.