Thursday, October 23, 2008

Old fashioned mail

Even in this electronic age there are times when writers have to rely on postal mail to get manuscripts, scripts, and other writing work to their destination. It does surprise me when some places still insist on paper submissions. For those times it helps to have ways to manage supplies. I have a cabinet full of various sizes of cardboard and paper bubble packaging. I used to go through an entire cabinet full of packing materials every six or seven months and had to refill the cabinet. Thanks to electronic submissions of most things now the last time I had to refill that cabinet now was four years ago. I did notice last week when I had to dig through it for a bubble wrap envelop big enough to send a script out that is starting to get a little low and it is probably time to think about re-supplying it. I guess some companies like to have a foot in the past. Really I think some of them are just too cheap to print out various things that come by email. I can understand that for unsolicited submissions but when things are requested you would think they would prefer email and opt to spend the few extra dollars to print the material out.

No comments: