Sunday, November 30, 2008

Houses with Character

I miss the pantry in my old house. My old house was a falling down 100 year old farm house (maybe older) and had been built by addition after addition over the years rather than in one fell (solid) swoop. It was old and used but it had a great deal of character. The pantry that was bigger than a walk-in closet was one of those little bits of character. It was also a source of insect trouble in the summers and even in the winter with moths. I'd love a house with a big pantry again. A house I am considering at the moment has a massive pantry that is as big as a regular room and even has a sink in it... I'm not sure what that is for really, but I like it. I am definately going to protect it with methods of bug control like pantry moth trap devices, although this house is not old, not delapidated and I'm not sure how the bug situation in California is anyway. Better safe than sorry.

No comments: