Sunday, July 05, 2009

Pinnacle of Success

Like most people I use the Internet now to look up everything from pet care to recently getting my boating license completely online including all the study materials. I use it to find diet pill reviews and carpet stores, pots and pans as well as beauty supplies. There's very little you can't do online. You can talk to your best friend for hours on messenger for no charge unlike on a cell phone or land line phone. Spend a few minutes conveying your personal perspective on everything from art to sports and your work day on a blog. The Internet created the most complete form of communication and connection the world has ever known. I can't imagine ever topping it and yet I'm sure a century ago people thought the same about the telephone, and then the TV and of course, around the same time as the Internet the cell phone... so in a century I wonder, will people then be thinking that the newest invention is the best form of communication ever and will never be topped? Or have we truly reached the pinnacle of success?

No comments: